The Serbian Ceramic Society (SeCerS) is a non-governmental, nonprofit
organization funded in 1997 to promote the science and technologies of
ceramics and ceramic-based materials. Individuals who want to be
members of the SeCerS have to apply for membership.
The SeCerS was established in order to co-ordinate and promote the
study of ceramics and in particular:
- To encourage education, training, and research.
- To consult with and bring together individuals and representatives
of members, research establishments, academic bodies, and
institutions of governments.
- To collect, disseminate and exchange information with other
- To gather and process scientific and professional material in the
area of ceramic materials and other related scientific
- To improve and monitor the development of the scientific-research
work in the area of ceramic materials.
- To further propagate the science of ceramic materials with
emphasis on underlining the importance and role of these
materials for developing modern society.
- To promote planning, promotion, and organization of conferences
- To establish and develop co-operation with the economic societies
and scientific institutions;
- To provide, or propose professional and scientific arguments for
the program of technological and scientific development in Serbia,
which are related to the area of ceramic materials.
- To promote the importance of ceramic materials.
- To promote the development in the field of ceramic materials.
The President is elected by the Council for a period of four years. The
President is assisted by the Secretary of SeCerS. The President is a
legal representative of the SeCerS by the law.